Biffy Clyro Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are you from?

+9
*LinkinPark*
outoftoiletroll
foodos
redhouse
JohnTheSquid
DandyWolf
Thacker
Kye
HeavyMetalHarry
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where are you from? Empty Where are you from?

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:24 pm

I was wondering where people on this forum come from in relation to being a Biffy fan.]

For instance, none of my Australian friends have heard of them, but some Spaniards have. I myself live in Ayrshire, the part of Scotland where all of Biffy Clyro were born and grew up in, and where I beleive Simon at least still lives. A mere mile away from my house in Ayr, infact.
This probably heavily contributes to my Biffy fandom, if not only in the fact that i was one of many avid local fans before Biffy broke through into mainstream music, appearing on the likes of MTV and Kerrang!

So, where are you from?

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where are you from? Empty Re: Where are you from?

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:34 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:I was wondering where people on this forum come from in relation to being a Biffy fan.]

For instance, none of my Australian friends have heard of them, but some Spaniards have. I myself live in Ayrshire, the part of Scotland where all of Biffy Clyro were born and grew up in, and where I beleive Simon at least still lives. A mere mile away from my house in Ayr, infact.
This probably heavily contributes to my Biffy fandom, if not only in the fact that i was one of many avid local fans before Biffy broke through into mainstream music, appearing on the likes of MTV and Kerrang!

So, where are you from?

I am from England, I first heard of them through a mag, not a big one just a underground magazine which is sold here.
I think they are slowly starting to get know outside of Britain, but there main fan base is here.
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Kye wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:I was wondering where people on this forum come from in relation to being a Biffy fan.]

So, where are you from?

I am from England, I first heard of them through a mag, not a big one just a underground magazine which is sold here.
I think they are slowly starting to get know outside of Britain, but there main fan base is here.

I agree, their main fan base was, obviously where they first lived and were operating, giving me the pleasure of watching their ascension from small to huge but also going to smaller, personal gigs. When they were first starting out, I went to see them at a church run alcohol free youth club, capable of holding no more than 100 people.

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:40 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Kye wrote:

So, where are you from?

I agree, their main fan base was, obviously where they first lived and were operating, giving me the pleasure of watching their ascension from small to huge but also going to smaller, personal gigs. When they were first starting out, I went to see them at a church run alcohol free youth club, capable of holding no more than 100 people.

That is cool! Strange seeing a band grow!
One of my old teachers knew Biffy and saw a few of there first gigs, he used to live down in Scotland, he said not many people liked there music, but hey, look at them now.
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thacker Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 pm

I am from England too, but I remember getting free tickets to one of there shows, I loved them ever since!

Thacker

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Thacker wrote:I am from England too, but I remember getting free tickets to one of there shows, I loved them ever since!

Aha, how far along in their, 'evolution' if you will did you get to see them? (I.e how big were they, band-wise, at the time?)

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thacker Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:48 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Thacker wrote:I am from England too, but I remember getting free tickets to one of there shows, I loved them ever since!

Aha, how far along in their, 'evolution' if you will did you get to see them? (I.e how big were they, band-wise, at the time?)

it was around Infinty land, so it was sort before they made it "quite" big. It was a bloody fantastic gig.

Thacker

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Thacker wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

it was around Infinty land, so it was sort before they made it "quite" big. It was a bloody fantastic gig.

Fantastic a gig it would have been, nothing beats memories of them playing every single song they had recorded at the time, and this consiting of kidswhopoptodaywillrocktommorow and some early version of Blackened Sky

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:54 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Thacker wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

Fantastic a gig it would have been, nothing beats memories of them playing every single song they had recorded at the time, and this consiting of kidswhopoptodaywillrocktommorow and some early version of Blackened Sky

I have heard some of the tracks from that ep, his voice was quite high! Haha
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thacker Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:56 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Thacker wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

It really was knowing I have heard songs live that they proberly never play again.

Thacker

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Kye wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Thacker wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

I have heard some of the tracks from that ep, his voice was quite high! Haha

Not only that, he looks drastically different from what he looks like now. Look up the video for Justboy on youtube, and imagine him even younger looking than that!

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Its hard to think how he could look any younger then that.
its incredible he was that young but could write such amazing songs, natural talent for sure.
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Kye wrote:Its hard to think how he could look any younger then that.
its incredible he was that young but could write such amazing songs, natural talent for sure.

Definitely. It's also interesting to see what he cites as influences, I'm definitely going to look into some of his favourites bands as he was growing up.

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:08 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

Definitely. It's also interesting to see what he cites as influences, I'm definitely going to look into some of his favourites bands as he was growing up.

I would like to know too, Biffy Clyro are like nothing I have heard before, it would be interesting to see what he listened to growing up.
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeavyMetalHarry Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Kye wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

I would like to know too, Biffy Clyro are like nothing I have heard before, it would be interesting to see what he listened to growing up.

Some are listed on the wikipedia article, bands like Far and Mineral.

HeavyMetalHarry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:40 pm

HeavyMetalHarry wrote:
Kye wrote:
HeavyMetalHarry wrote:

Some are listed on the wikipedia article, bands like Far and Mineral.

I can see that Simon took a lot of Influence from Mineral, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6_M2fJTueM
That song reminds me of Biffy quite a bit.
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DandyWolf Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 pm

This thread is really interesting...well, I come from Italy and, to be honest, I don't know other Biffy Clyro Italian fans.... I first noticed them thanks to an indie programme here on MTV....they broadcasted "Living is a problem because everything dies" once...and BANG! Love at first sight... It's fun to go to cd shops and ask for "Biffy Clyro"...they all think I'm insane Laughing and my friends too
DandyWolf
DandyWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:18 pm

DandyWolf wrote:This thread is really interesting...well, I come from Italy and, to be honest, I don't know other Biffy Clyro Italian fans.... I first noticed them thanks to an indie programme here on MTV....they broadcasted "Living is a problem because everything dies" once...and BANG! Love at first sight... It's fun to go to cd shops and ask for "Biffy Clyro"...they all think I'm insane Laughing and my friends too

Haha it must really suck! They are quite popular over here! usually nearly all there albums are sold out! But that must suck! Trusty ebay! haha. They must look at you like Neutral
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DandyWolf Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Kye wrote:
DandyWolf wrote:This thread is really interesting...well, I come from Italy and, to be honest, I don't know other Biffy Clyro Italian fans.... I first noticed them thanks to an indie programme here on MTV....they broadcasted "Living is a problem because everything dies" once...and BANG! Love at first sight... It's fun to go to cd shops and ask for "Biffy Clyro"...they all think I'm insane Laughing and my friends too

Haha it must really suck! They are quite popular over here! usually nearly all there albums are sold out! But that must suck! Trusty ebay! haha. They must look at you like Neutral

or..."Biffy Clyro? Is it a new type of food?" Razz
DandyWolf
DandyWolf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:51 pm

DandyWolf wrote:
Kye wrote:

or..."Biffy Clyro? Is it a new type of food?" Razz

Haha! it hardly sounds like a food does it... Yum go get me a "Biffy Clyro" !
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnTheSquid Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 am

I come from Edinburgh, Scotland. I first heard about the band watching a music channel, checked out some more of their stuff..the rest is history. Smile

JohnTheSquid

http://johnsticles.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kye Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 am

JohnTheSquid wrote:I come from Edinburgh, Scotland. I first heard about the band watching a music channel, checked out some more of their stuff..the rest is history. Smile

Pretty much the same here, and to think I nearly forgot to check them out afterwards
Kye
Kye
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redhouse Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:52 pm

I live in London and heard of Biffy about 2 years ago, shortly after moving to London from the states
redhouse
redhouse

Back to top Go down

Post  foodos Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:37 am

i live in chile in south america Razz Razz

foodos

Back to top Go down

Post  outoftoiletroll Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:59 am

I am from ireland Very Happy

I first heared biffy while at my friends house in summer 07. he played ther cover of take me out. it was good so i listend to another and another and then eventualy got ther albums Very Happy

outoftoiletroll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum